Saturday, February 4, 2012

Urban Decay Fun Palette - Review, Photos, Swatches

Shimmer, hints of glitter, and bold choices of colors; do these sound like your cup of tea? Then Urban Decay Fun Palette is for you.



Urban Decay Fun Palette

Urban Decay Fun Palette

Urban Decay Fun Palette

Urban Decay Fun Palette
Urban Decay Fun Palette


The palette is composed of Woodstock (fuchsia), Baked (bronze-y gold), Uzi (metallic silver white with glitter), Sin (champagne pink), Flipside (aqua teal-ish), and Psychedelic Sister (purple). It came with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Oil Slick (black with glitters) and a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (nude).

Urban Decay Fun Palette


Woodstock

Baked

Uzi

Sin

Flipside

Psychedelic Sister


Everything is highly pigmented. The texture is smooth and they glide on smoothly.
Woodstock and Flipside can be intimidatingly bright on the pan, but when you apply them, they're pretty buildable. You can go as sheer or as dark as you want to.
My favorite shades? Baked and Sin, especially the latter.
I can wear Sin everyday. It's just a nice shimmery champagne pink color. 
Shades I'm not obsessed about? Psychedelic Sister and (most especially) Uzi.
I wouldn't buy Psychedelic Sister on its own. I just dont think it suits me. 
But it works well with the other colors on this palette, as a definer (for the outer V).
For Uzi, I just don't like glitters on my makeup. 
It causes fall outs and I think it's only meant for teenagers. 
Same reason why I don't use the pencil that came with the palette. 
If you can rock it, be my guest. It's just not for me. :)


Swatches without flash
Swatches without flash

Swatches with flash
Swatches with flash

Oil slick swatch
The primer that came with the palette is in the original shade: nude.
So far, this is my favorite eyeshadow primer. 
It works better with my extremely oily lids compared to 2 of the previous ones I used (ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and Too Faced Shadow Insurance).

Urban Decay Primer Potion Original (mini)

The packaging is made of lightweight cardboard with a magnetic flap enclosure.
The crazy artwork is pretty and cool. 
Inside, it has a built-in mirror and awesome fun prints like skulls, strawberries, and chains.

Urban Decay Fun Palette

I also love and appreciate the fact that Urban Decay condones animal testing: "We don't do animal testing. How could anyone?" Well said, Urban Decay. Well said.


PROS: 6 high-quality eye shadows, 1 pencil, and a primer in 1 package? That's a great deal, considering this is a high-end brand. The cute packaging gives it extra points too.

CONS: 1 shade is glittery (hello, fall outs!) and the pencil has glitters too. It's a limited edition palette and is only available online.

VERDICT: 4 out of 5 CHILIS! The pencil with hints of glitter, I can live with. But UZI? Sorry, that's just the deal breaker for me. If you're not afraid of fun, bright colors (and glitters), this is definitely your palette.



Urban Decay Fun Palette, EBAY
2000php



FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment