Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Etude House VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips OR204 - Review, Photos, Swatches

Yes, I am guilty. I caught the K-Pop bug, and I'm really loving it. An nyoung ha seh yo!

I'm a huge fan of Korean music (2NE1, SNSD, 4Minute, Super Junior, Shinee, and the list goes on) and Korean makeup. The first Korean makeup brand that caught my fancy was Etude House. Being the lipstick addict that I am, I decided to try out one of their lipsticks.


Etude House Dear Darling Lips in OR204

Etude House Dear Darling Lips OR204

The packaging is sooo cute and adorable, don't you think? :)
I chose their VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips in OR204, which is a bright orange lipstick.
It has a creamy finish.

Etude House's Orange Lipstick

OR204

Honestly, I am disappointed with this lipstick. On the tube and when swatched on my skin, it's divine. But only when I applied it on my lips, I realized that it's not opaque at all.
It's almost similar with the formula of MAC Sheen Supreme, which is sheer and a little too creamy for my taste. I had to layer it at least 4 times for it to be able to reach the opacity that I want. The longevity? An hour, max.
 

Orange Lipstick


Swatch With Flash

Swatch Without Flash


Lip Swatch (after 4 layers)

PROS: If you want a sheer (buildable), creamy lipstick, this is for you. The cute packaging is also a plus, and it is locally available in the Philippines.
CONS: It's not opaque and the longevity needs work. I think one should apply a primer first before applying this. Also, I find it a bit expensive for such a small amount of product.

VERDICT: 3 out of 5 CHILIS! This is not the lipstick for me. I want my lipstick dramatic, long wearing, and opaque - most especially the latter. I would recommend it to those who prefer sheer and creamy lipsticks (which are great for natural-looking makeup).




Where To Buy:
Etude House VIP Girl Dear Darling Lips in OR204
450php (more or less, sorry I got rid of the receipt), Etude House

2 comments:

  1. I bought this in pink and was not very pleased. It looks more like a gloss, right? And it smells like sampaguita. Totally weird for a lippie. So i gave it away pronto! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! Haha! I can live with the smell and taste, only if it performs well as a lipstick. I'll probably give it away, too. Haha.

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete