Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simple, Short, and Sweet


I'm not a music connoisseur. I don't think I have enough knowledge (or exposure) to critique or evaluate a song. All I have are my ears and heart that tells me if I love the song or not.

The first time I heard this song, I caught myself humming and bobbing my head with it's simple yet catchy melody. What do I love about it? It's honest, simple, and straight to the point. Oh, and also because it's OPM.


 
 Pag-ibig by Yeng Constantino



I commend local artists who write and sing their own songs. Just to clarify, I don't have anything against those who do covers. I just think doing covers here in the Philippines is overused already. Gasgas na


This song is my chill-out, feel-good, kilig soundtrack of the moment.
What's yours? :)

Video credits goes to Youtube Account YConstantino
No copyright infringement intended.

24 comments:

  1. I love Yeng's sound very unique. I always go drift off with Cafe Del Mar when I want to relax *)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look Cafe Del Mar once I get home. :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. not a fan but my daughter likes her.. I wonder why... the song is okay though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her music is not for everyone talaga. :) Hehe.

      Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing this song..indeed simple, short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree as well. yeng constantino really does have the talent not just the voice but knowing what her fans know when it comes to music. or it just because of his personality why we all love her rhthym..hehe

    ~Germz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe.. all of the above? Haha. :) Thanks for dropping by, Germz! :)

      Delete
  5. Cool, I like it. So simple, I can't seem to get it out of head now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our OPM songs are one of the best but we also have the cheesiest. Still, OPM rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! YES, we do have the cheesiest. Kasi naman ang Pinoy cheesy and mushy talaga. Hahaha!

      Delete
  7. I'm not really an OPM fan but I do admit Yeng has talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title of this post reflects the song/vid 100%. Yan na, nagka-LSS na ko. Hahaha. Umandar na naman yung weakness ko (madaling kiligin) :))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is a good singer with lots of teenage followers which are kilig to her songs but for people my age ,she is just okay .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. She is! Ang effortless lang. Hindi kelangan magpakita ng skin pero pretty siya. :)

      Delete
  11. wow, haven't seen Yeng awhile. so cute to see her and listen to her!! cutie rin ang song - ka inlab haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how her voice sounds whenever she's belting out her ballads. I agree, super kilig and feel good song nga.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Di baaaa.. ^___^ Kapag yan natutunan ko sa gitara, I'll perform it in front of my future hubby. Hahaha!

      Delete