Wednesday, February 29, 2012

MAC Smoked Purple - Review, Photos, Swatches

MAC Smoked Purple is a dark purple (like an eggplant) shade. It has a matte finish. But unlike the usual matte lipsticks from MAC, this one is extra drying (like it's a  really pure matte lipstick). It's like the purple version of MAC Ruby Woo. Because it's super matte, it'll take a few more coats to achieve the perfect opacity. This is a permanent PRO color which has been re-promoted in the MAC Me Over Collection last year.


MAC Smoked Purple

MAC Smoked Purple
Matte Lipstick
Dark Eggplant Lipstick
Smoked Purple - A50

Swatch Without Flash
Swatch With Flash

Lip Swatch

PROS: The color is not easy to dupe. It's long wearing and the color payoff is decent.
CONS: It's really matte, close to drying. It's also a cool toned shade so it might not look good on everyone.


VERDICT

I will repurchase when I don't find something better



Where To Buy:
MAC Smoked Purple
1000php, MAC Counters


FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

4 comments:

  1. Love the shade! I hope they sell MAC at the SuperSale bazaar :)

    xoxo,
    The Pink Margarita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soo bummed I won't be able to go go the SuperSale bazaar >__<
      I'm saving up for a trip next month. Huhu. Hope you'll get some really great stuff! :)

      Delete
  2. You just love lip sticks, don't you?! I can't find purple easy for me to wear but it sure looks great on you, i can imagine:) I love the pink pink one, im sooo tempted na bumili this coming month!! My wishlist:)Thanks for complimenting my illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO!!!! <3
      Actually I've only worn this one once. In a rock concert. Hahaha!
      This is a bit too dark kasi for regular use.

      Get a pink lipstick! And a red, too! <3

      Your illustrations are really good. :)

      Delete