Friday, February 24, 2012

Urban Decay Feminine Palette - Review, Photos, Swatches

If you're looking for a palette that offers soft pastels with shimmer and neutrals for definition, then the Urban Decay Feminine Palette is for you.


Urban Decay Feminine Palette
Urban Decay Feminine Palette

Top View

Side View

Mirrored 6-shadow palette with a pencil and primer

The palette is composed of 6 eye shadows: Stray Dog (taupe), SWF (frosted light pink), Midnight Cowboy (champagne with glitters), Aquarius (shimmery aqua green, kind of frosted), Darkhorse (dark chocolate bronze-y), Ecstacy (frosted purple); an Urban Decay 24 / 7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (matte black), and a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden.


Closer look


Stray Dog

SWF

Aquarius
Midnight Cowboy

Darkhorse

Ecstacy

I've always been a fan of Urban Decay eye shadows. I love the variety of colors and it's quality. I have sensitive eyes; almost all eye shadows I've tried left me in tears because of irritation.

Everything is pigmented. The texture is smooth and they glide on smoothly
Stray Dog and Darkhorse are perfect for defining the outer V, the crease, and the lashline.
SWF and Aquarius are buildable colors (especially the latter). You can wear it sheer or just apply more to have it really pop. My least favorite colors are Ecstacy and Midnight Cowboy. I don't have anything against Ecstacy, I'm just not a fan of purple eye shadows. Though here, it works well in blending Aquarius and SWF together on the crease. As for Midnight Cowboy, I just don't like glitters on my makeup because fall outs are such a bitch to remove.


Swatches with flash
 (Left-Right) First Row: Stray Dog, SWF, Midnight Cowboy
(Left-Right) Second Row: Aquarius, Darkhorse, Ecstacy

Swatches without flash
 (Left-Right) First Row: Stray Dog, SWF, Midnight Cowboy
(Left-Right) Second Row: Aquarius, Darkhorse, Ecstacy


Urban Decay Primer Potion (mini) in Eden

Eden - yellow-ish matte base

The primer that came with the palette is in the shade of Eden. It's a yellowish base that's matte. It's perfect for covering discolorations on your lids. Don't be scared of it's color , it doesn't look yellow on my lids. Just blend them out properly. The pencil that came with it is in Zero, a matte black color. I'm not soo crazy about this pencil.  (Click HERE if you want to see a better and cheaper alternative).

Urban Decay 24 / 7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

Swatches without flash
Swatches with flash


PROS: 6 high-quality eye shadows, 1 pencil, and a primer in 1 package? That's a great deal, considering this is a high-end brand. The cute packaging gives it extra points too.
CONS: I can live with the purple shadow, but glitters? NO WAY. It's a limited edition palette and is only available online.


VERDICT

  I will repurchase, when I don't find something better.



Where To Buy:
Urban Decay Feminine Palette, EBAY
2000php


FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

8 comments:

  1. i am really curious about urban decay. i should definitely buy their cosmetics one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suggest you get the Naked Palette. It's their best palette, in my own opinion. :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I like the stuff you got here. The shades, contaner or whatever you call it! I like it :D oh btw imma follow you :)


    http://www.lalalapatricia.info/

    ReplyDelete
  3. been hearing so much about urban decay! Wish i can get a hand on their palette :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them online: EBAY and Multiply :)
      I'm sure lots of them will be sold in the upcoming Super Sale Bazaar :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty colors!I dont really shop online, so hope I get to see some urbay decay products during the bazaar! Thanks for the review. :)

    http://chelinumerable.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel! I'm sure madami nun. Online sellers will pack the place eh. :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete