Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dupe Alert: Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil for Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil

"Live your eyeliner, breathe your lipstick, and kill for each other". - Lady Gaga via Twitter

I think the easiest and simplest way to put an oomph in your eye makeup is using an eyeliner.
It's one of those few makeup products that's used by everyone: the simple, sassy and flirtatious, and the bad-ass. It all depends on how thin or thick the line is.

Since nobody wants bleeding and smudging eyeliners (except if that's your intention), which way do we go? High-end or drugstore?

I have 2 of my favorite eye liners here to show you:


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero and
Milani Liquif'Eye Mettalic Eye Liner Pencil in Black


 Milani Liquif'Eye Mettalic Eye Liner Pencil in Black and 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero


Milani Liquif'Eye Mettalic Eye Liner Pencil in Black and 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero




Let me introduce them to you, individually :)


Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)
This is the travel size version that came with my other UD Palettes.


Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

What do I love about this pencil? It's formula and texture. I love the fact that it's creamy so I don't have to painstakingly draw lines on my eyes. I also love it for tightlining (lining your upper and lower waterline). But, this creaminess is a double-edged sword. Since I have an extremely oily lids, this creases and smudges. A LOT. Especially when I wear it without an eye shadow (primers can help, but only for an hour or 2).

That's why I had to look for something better.

When I was reading several beauty blogs, searching for a good eyeliner, a particular product kept on popping up: the Milani Liquif'Eye Mettalic Eye Liner Pencil. I was a bit apprehensive because I've never used any Milani products back then. But then I thought, what the heck. Trying this eyeliner won't kill me.

Of course, it did not. It actually surprised me, and in a really good way. I thought, how can a drugstore brand come up with an eyeliner this AWESOME?


Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Black


Milani Liquif'Eye Mettalic Eye Liner Pencil in Black

The formula is great! It's not that creamy but it still glides on smoothly.
It's a matte black pencil that's highly pigmented. 
The best part? It stays on so much longer than my UD pencil!

Milani Liquif'Eye Mettalic Eye Liner Pencil in Black


You can see on these swatches the difference.
How more opaque, matte, and pigmented the Milani liner is.

(L-R) UD Pencil in Zero, Milani Pencil in Black (without flash)

(L-R) UD Pencil in Zero, Milani Pencil in Black (with flash)



Here's how they look like when I tried to smudge/rub them off with one swipe.

(L-R) UD Pencil in Zero, Milani Pencil in Black (with flash)

See the difference? :)

(L-R) UD Pencil in Zero, Milani Pencil in Black (without flash)



FORMULA: The UD pencil is great for tightlining since its creamy. But for the general use of an eyeliner, which is lining your lashline/lids, Milani wins.
LONGEVITY: Milani bags this category, no doubt about it. It lasted without smudging for about 5-6 hours, which is awesome already since I have the oiliest lids ever.
PACKAGING: I say they tie on this category. I mean, how can one pencil be more sturdy than the other pencil? Also, I can't compare them with the amount of product since the UD pencil I have is the mini version.
AFFORDABILITY: Obviously, since Milani is a drugstore brand, it's more affordable then Urban Decay.

VERDICT: As much as I love Urban Decay products, their 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero terribly disappoints me. It creases and smudges like crazy! Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Pencil wins this battle, definitely.


What's your favorite black eyeliner pencil? :)



Where To Buy:

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye pencil in Zero
900php (full size) 500php (mini), EBAY

Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Pencil in Black
380php, Pretty Goddess


FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment