Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tips: How I Keep It Kissable

I've always been conscious about my lips. If you haven't noticed, some of my lipstick reviews don't have a lip swatch because of this insecurity. It's uneven (top is thinner than the bottom) and pigmented. Given these flaws I have to work with, I just do what I can and exert extra effort in keeping it soft and..kissable. :)
 
Kiiiiiissss!! <3

This was requested by my friend, Dyei. :) I really don't do anything drastic; just the good old stuff I've learned from my mom, friends, magazines, and personal experiences.


First Tip: Drink Enough Water
I've learned in school that one should drink 8-9 glasses of water. It doesn't just help in keeping your lips hydrated, it also helps in releasing toxins from your body. It works wonders to your skin and personally, it helps me sleep better.

(photo from redlineendurance.com)


Second Tip: Stop Biting 'em Lips
This is a habit that's hard to break, but really, you should. Biting them leaves a bite mark (or an impression of your teeth) which doesn't look sexy, at all.

(photo from beautysaloon.wordpress.com)


Third Tip: Licking 'em Won't Help
Now I don't get this habit. Seriously. I personally think this habit should be left to LL Cool J. If you're not him, STOP. It looks weird, awkward and borderline nasty. Urgh. Licking your lips will worsen it's dryness. Saliva contains various digestive enzymes, two of which in particular (amylase and maltase) can be irritating. (source: medicineonline)

(photo from fanpop.com)


Fourth Tip: Exfoliate
Just like our skin, we need to exfoliate our lips. You can use a toothbrush for kids or a towel. I prefer using the latter. Don't be abrasive though, you don't want to overdo it or else you'll leave your lips in a worse condition.

(photo from makeupandbeauty.com)


Fifth Tip: Lip Balm is Your BFF
I've tried a lot of lip balms: flavored, scented, tinted, in a pot, in a tube, or with a wand. So far, my favorite is Carmex in the original flavor.


(photo from scform.com)

This lip balm is just awesome. It hydrates my lips really well without the sticky feeling. It's clear and flavorless, which works better for me. I apply Carmex in the morning and before I sleep, or whenever I feel like my lips need it. I keep a tube at home and in my makeup kit. I especially need them now since I swatch lipsticks almost everyday.


There you go. These tips worked for me, I hope they'll work for you too. :)


25 comments:

  1. Cool tips. Lip exfoliation is the best. I do that almost every morning!

    Visiting from FBW dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! :) It is the best. I absolutely hate having dry lips.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Exfoliate eh? Malakas magbalat lips ko e. So yun. Pero good take on the water thing. It does help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! :) It really does! Kapag di ako nakakainom ng at least 6 glasses of water nag ddry na agad lips ko eh. :(

      Delete
  3. So that's the secret behind those kissable lips I first saw on the thumbnail on your About me section :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. now, i must stop biting my lips. i do that when i'm nervous or when i'm bored. no wonder they're extra dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same when I'm nervous. >_< try to avoid it na lang. or siguro stressball na lang pang gigilan mo instead of your lips..? :)

      Delete
  5. Will def follow these tips!! :D Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i drink a lot of water pero i end up biting my lips so much. huhu! T___T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a one hard habit to break! :( Bawi ka na lang sa lip balm. :)

      Delete
  7. haha..even lips need some tips and tricks! i don't do 1-4 but i use lip balm that's all.can't handle lipstic coz i don't like to smell it or taste it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand :) I'll always choose lip balm over lipstick (IF I had to choose). :))

      Delete
  8. 100% agree with the article. Great post! Hugs and kisses xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exfoliate -- yes, this definitely helped in making my lips look good. Thank you for the wonderful tips! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does this also apply to a guy's lips too? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo naman! ^__^ Yung Carmex nga okay din for guys since wala naman siyang flavor. And the packaging isn't girly either. :D

      Delete
  11. great tips! although I just can't stop biting my lips. lol but.. from now on, I'll try harder lol thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tips. Thanks for sharing it to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gusto ko ng magandang lips. Gawin ko nga yan hehhehhe

    ReplyDelete