Friday, February 3, 2012

Makeup Haul: MAC Iris Apfel and Revlon Lip Butter

There's always a first time for everything. I'll try anything once. Everyone knows how much I love, love, love makeup (especially lipsticks). I'm a certified MAC girl. I really don't mind their price, because I get what I pay for: high quality.

I've been gushing over MAC Iris Apfel Collection ever since Temptalia posted the news about it. The lipsticks are to die for! That was back in December, I think. Ever since I read her post, I've been bugging my friend who works for MAC here in the Philippines to contact me ASAP about the launch of the said collection here.


I therefore conclude, I am one lucky girl to have such awesome friends :)



MAC Iris Apfel Collection - Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot


MAC Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon



MAC Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon

 I've been eyeing on Pink Pigeon for the longest time!
I say it's the baby sis of MAC Candy Yum Yum.
Party Parrot, on the other hand, is the matte sister of MAC Impassioned.
(Let me know if you want me to post a review/comparison)

Ever since my first MAC lipstick purchase (MAC Girl About Town), I became obsessed! I guess what they say is true: Once you go MAC, you can never go back. ;)



Is it really that the case? Hmmmm.I've been hearing people raving for Revlon  Lip Butter. I'm not exactly a fan of Revlon. I don't like the smell and taste of their original formula, so after trying them years ago, I never gave it a try again, until now.


Revlon Lip Butter Sweet Tart and Lollipop


I considered getting these because the shades are really pretty.
They're not really "out there"; they flatter without making you look too made up.


Revlon Lip Butter Sweet Tart and Lollipop

I chose Sweet Tart and Lollipop because these are the shades I'm most comfortable with.



I'm super in love with this haul. I'm pretty sure MAC won't disappoint. As with the Revlon Lip Butters, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopeful. :)


Let me know if you want me to post a review on any of these products. :)



MAC Pink Pigeon and Party Parrot, MAC Counters
1000php each

Revlon Lip Butter Sweet Tart and Lollipop, Watson's
525php each



FTC: I paid for these products with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review/post. I am not affiliated with the said brands. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

8 comments:

  1. a MATTE version of IMPASSIONED? OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN. I'm a sucker for matte lipsticks. Please to revieeeew! I wanna seeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! :)

      Oh by the way, if you really want Impassioned, I think I could help you get one. Online nga lang. You down? :) In 2 weeks kasi I might order online eh. :)

      Delete
    2. ah! Pwede pwede!! So sayo ko ibibigay bayad no? Pero wait, I'll wait nalang for your review on Party Parrot so I'll know which to get! :D

      Delete
    3. MAC Party Parrot Review is up na :)

      http://chilipina.blogspot.com/2012/02/mac-party-parrot-review-photos-swatches.html

      Delete
  2. This post is amazing! I wish I could spend my money on MAC Cosmetics! waaa! Your write-up is very helpful especially to those who are new to make-up. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm just happy I can help/contribute. Hehe.

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh I've read a lot of good things about this new Revlon product. They kinda jacked up the prices for it locally though, they cost twice as much here than they do in the US/Canada. I'm still contemplating whether I should buy here already, or ask a balikbayan friend to buy for me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!!! Well, it happens to everything we import abroad. Customs tax and all that shit.. then of course the capitalism of businessmen. >:(

      If you can ask a balikbayan friend, maybe you should. But go to Watson's or Landmark muna for swatches so you'll know what shade(s) to ask for. Hahaha!

      Delete