Tuesday, February 14, 2012

NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot - Review, Photos, Swatches

NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot, from the name itself, is a wine-grape colored lipstick. I describe it as a pinky red mixed with wine (in short, red wine). It's not as bold as the usual red lipsticks, but it still has that punch of color to make your face look brighter.


NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot

NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot


NYX Matte Lipstick

MLS16 Merlot

Swatch without flash


Swatch with flash


lip swatch

When I swatched Merlot for the first time, I remembered MAC Craving (amplified cream).
Though it's not exactly a dupe (because Merlot is definitely brighter than Craving),
they look pretty close to me: like sisters or cousins.

Swatches without flash

(Left-Right) NYX Merlot, MAC Craving


Swatches with flash

(Left-Right) NYX Merlot, MAC Craving


PROS: Formula (matte is love!), opacity, and color pay-off are great. Decent hours of wear for a drugstore lipstick. I also love the fact that it's color is quite close wot MAC Craving. :) Lastly, it's affordable!
CONS: Packaging is a little bulky. With the product itself, I can't complain. :)


VERDICT5 out of 5 CHILIS!


Where To Buy:
NYX Matte Lipstick in Merlot
350php, Pretty Goddess


FTC: I purchased this product with my own money. I 'm not getting paid for this post. I'm not affiliated with the brand mentioned. Photos above are owned/taken by yours truly.

3 comments:

  1. hi.i like your blog. anyway, how much is the MAC eden rouge? thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you :)

      I got the MAC Eden Rouge for 1000 in MAC Trinoma last year :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I have this one, too. For me, it's like a raspberry color. Haven't made a review of it yet, though. I also bought mine from Pretty Goddess. :)

    P.S. Following you back! :P

    ReplyDelete