Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Maybelline Falsies Mascara - Review and Photos




Just like most Asian women, my lashes are short and stubborn. The efforts of curling it usually takes me a minute or 2 (for each eye), 'cause I have to be precise and careful or else I'll hurt my lids. Having sensitive eyes isn't helping either. Most mascaras leave my eyes either itchy, reddish, or teary.

Can you imagine my frustration?

I've been curious and eager to learn how to apply false lashes, but for everyday use? I think that's just a bit too much, even for me.

Fortunately, I discovered a mascara that really improves the length and curl of my lashes. Another cool thing about it? It's a DRUGSTORE mascara! Yay!


Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black Drama


Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black Drama
Maybelline Falsies Mascara Wand
Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black Drama




Photo 1 (normal, natural lashes)
You can see in photo 1 how my lashes are totally invisible.


Photo 2 (curled lashes)
In photo 2, well, after curling it tediously, that's just as far as it could go.


Photo 3 (with Maybelline Falsies Mascara applied)
In photo 3, VOILA! I have lashes! I have lashes!


I got mine as a pasalubong from a balikbayan friend. But don't fret! It's already available here in the Philippines! I dropped by Watson's earlier today and I learned they just released it here last month The available shade, I believe, is Blackest Black.


Sample of what's available in the Philippines.

The mascaras sold locally in the Philippines DO NOT come in a card box.
They're just SEALED.

PROS: formula is phenomenal, packaging is cute, and it's affordable!
CONS: the wand could be tricky, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be amazed on how this could improve your lashes.

VERDICT: 5 out of 5 CHILIS!


Maybelline Falsies Mascara, Watson's
450php



FTC: This is gifted to me. I 'm not getting paid for this post. I'm not affiliated with the brand mentioned. Photos above are owned/taken by yours truly.

6 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline mascaras! Affordable and they work wonders! XD

    Post more reviews Ayzee! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really do work wonders! :)
      So far, this has got to be my favorite. Hehe.

      Thanks Dominique, I will try. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hello doll! Thanks for dropping by my blog :) I've been looking for a review on this mascara and thank God you have it here! I'm using cat eyes now. Must try Falsies soon!

    Following you now by the way. Tc!

    Xoxo,
    Melissa

    thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! :)

      Thanks for checking out my review! Is cat eyes any good? So far this is my favorite from Maybelline. :) I'm sure you'll love Falsies :)

      Delete
  3. I love this mascara! Actually, I tried the Yellow one and it was truly phenomenal. Unfortunately I lost it somewhere :'((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the colossal one, right? I haven't tried that yet. It seems like Falsies and Colossal are always sold out on my Watson's here. :(

      Delete