Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MAC Runaway Red - Review, Photos, Swatches

What do I love about MAC Runaway Red? It's not the red that screams vintage and pin-up. It's not a bright, in-your-face red. It looks like a dark brown lipstick on the tube, but really, it's a medium dark blue-based red. A lot darker than MAC Russian Red. This lipstick has a satin finish.


 MAC Runaway Red


MAC Runaway Red

Satin Lipstick

Runaway Red B41

Swatch With Flash (actual color)
 
Swatch Without Flash

When Worn 
This was taken around 5:00am, during my 8:30pm-5:30am shift.
I'm sorry for the sleepy eyes. >__<



PROS: It's not your usual red lipstick (bright, in-your-face red). This is darker than Russian Red, which for me is a daytime red lipstick. The finish is amazing. It's opaque, long wearing, and not drying.
CONS: A limited ed shade, but has been re-promoted just recently. A bit pricey.

VERDICT: 5 out of 5 CHILIS! I didn't expect loving this shade and finish. Although I love MAC Rebel (satin finish, too), I didn't think I'll love a red lipstick in this finish. Good thing it's darker so the subtle sheen is just perfect. A really great buy, in my own honest opinion. :)




Where To Buy:
MAC Runaway Red
1000php, MAC Counters or MAC Website (best option)


FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

7 comments:

  1. iL keep that in mind next time. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When you get a new lipstick, post an entry about it ha? :)


      Thanks for dropping by, Renee! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Of course, babe! Hahaha! Ikaw pa eh ikaw ang reyna ng red lipsticks! :D I miss youuuu!

      Delete
  3. I love red lipsticks. I don't know why but they seem to be so suited for women. Please swing by my page too!

    ReplyDelete