Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dupe Alert: NYX Pinched for NARS Orgasm

Who doesn't love scoring a great bargain?! I've always had a "complicated" relationship with blushes.
I felt like I don't really need one since I "blush" almost all the time (literally, my face turns red!). So why bother, right? Oh how wrong was I.

NARS is one of those high-end brands that are quite famous because of a hyped product. I'm pretty sure most of us have heard (including the non-kikays) about the NARS Orgasm. I never understood why people would spend that much on a blush. That's what I thought until I actually tried one.



NARS Orgasm

NARS Orgasm



On the other hand, NYX has always been known for providing awesome dupes for high-end products, such as this:


NYX Pinched


NYX Pinched





Let's compare them :)


NARS Orgasm and NYX Pinched


NARS Orgasm and NYX Pinched

NARS Orgasm and NYX Pinched


PACKAGING: NARS has a more sturdy case and a mirror to boot, while NYX is more compact and easier to tote around (at least for me).


NARS Orgasm and NYX Pinched Swatches with flash


NARS Orgasm and NYX Pinched Swatches


SWATCHES: Orgasm is on the pinky side while Pinched is a bit on the coral side. But really, once it's on your skin without being too meticulous, you really can't tell which is which.
Both of them has a nice texture and they're both easy to blend.

AFFORDABILITY: Obviously, NYX bags this category.
You can purchase 4 NYX blushes with the price of a single NARS blush.


VERDICT: NARS Orgasm is really worth the hype. It's texture and shade are phenomenal.I believe it will compliment all skin tones. But, the same tune plays with NYX Pinched. As much as I adore Orgasm, I am honestly contented with what Pinched has to offer. Plus, it's not burning a hole in my pocket.


Yay for NYX! :)


So, which one would you buy??



NARS Orgasm, NARS Counters
1350php

NYX Pinched, Pretty Goddess
300php



FTC: I paid for the mentioned products with my own money. I am not getting paid for this review. I am not affiliated with the brands mentioned. These photos are owned/taken by yours truly.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Think this will look okay with my skintone too? Also...Have you ever tried Milani Baked Blushes? They seem pretty nice too, and rather affordable. http://digitaltraincase.multiply.com/products/listing/10308/Milani_Baked_Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL blogger marked your comment as spam, I guess dahil may link? :))

      Delete
  2. I could`ve sworn I commented here yesterday already. Anyhoo. Nars Orgasm has been on my beauty to-buy list for the longest time, but I won`t be making the purchase until I run out of my remaining blush (HUHLOLZ kurips). So do you agree that Nars Orgasm can suit most complexions? Does the same apply for Nyx Pinched? How about Milani Baked Blushes, have you ever tried those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "So do you agree that Nars Orgasm can suit most complexions?" YES, I do. It's in between pink and coral eh, though it's more on the pink side. It will suit everyone, depending on how much you put on.

      "Does the same apply for Nyx Pinched?" Yep! Same thing with Orgasm, it all depends on how and how much you apply it.

      Right now, I'm also using Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. It's lighter than Pinched and Orgasm. So far okay naman siya. Yun yung talagang shimmery na coral kung coral ang shade. I can post a review if you want. :)

      Delete