Friday, February 24, 2012

MAC Rebel - Review, Photos, Swatches

What comes to mind when you hear the word rebel? I'm pretty sure 99% of you would say something negative. Don't worry, that's just common. This word have always had a negative connotation..until MAC came out with a lipstick of the same name.

MAC Lipstick in Rebel
MAC Rebel Lipstick

MAC Rebel - Satin Finish

MAC Rebel is a burgundy that over time, fades into a beautiful fuchsia. It has a satin finish. I've always been a fan of matte, semi matte, and amplified creme finishes so I was a bit apprehensive when I learned it's in satin. But of course, MAC did not disappoint. :)


MAC Rebel

MAC Rebel (A21)

Swatch with Flash

Swatch without a flash

When Worn
I wore Make Up For Ever  Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner in C10 under it.
Eyes: Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette


PROS: Opaque, long wearing, and has a subtle sheen. When it feathers out, it turns into a beautiful fuchsia. This is a permanent shade that was re-promoted when MAC Me Over was released.
CONS: It's a bit pricey, but that's about it. I can't think of any downside except that.


VERDICT:
 
I will definitely repurchase!


Where To Buy:
MAC Lipstick in Rebel
1000php, MAC Counters

FTC: I paid for this product with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brand. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

28 comments:

  1. I also love lipsticks. Im not much into other cosmetics/make up coz I don't know how to apply and blend colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Ms. Sionee! :) It's so easy and convenient kasi. :)

      Delete
  2. when I hear the word MAC it spells quality cosmetics and this lipsticks of your rocks! Love the color ..just perfect for night out :)

    Bdwy, I followed you na :)
    http://yaniconquistadora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yani! :) I AGREE!! Iba talaga ang MAC. :) Actually I wear Rebel kahit tirik na tirik ang araw. Carry lang. Hahaha!

      Following you, too :)

      Delete
  3. These are awesome shades of lipstick. I love to have them in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice! You should get them :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I just started loving MAC lipstick a few months ago when my friend gave me one as a gift. Its the Up The Amp. I love it. Will try to check the shades you posted. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up The Amp is nice! But I did not get one since it's almost the same with Pink Nouveau already.

      Let me know what you'll get ha, and make a review of it/them :)

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. You look fabulous! Bagay sa'yo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its expensive, indeed! God! I have never spend 1k in make ups before. Well, I am not that keen on wearing make up. Lips of yours really looks stunning!

    http://misexperienciaspersonales.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It is expensive, but it's worth it (at least for me). :))
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  7. Mama Ayzee! Love the review, as usual! I'm a big fan of Rebel! :D I also noticed that it's a very versatile color. Bagay din kahit sa mga morena! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Baby Carol! Thank you!

      It is, noh? Kasi depende siya on how much you apply eh. Subtle or in-your-face, maganda siya. :)

      BTW, I MISS YOUUUU! <3

      Delete
  8. As long as it looks good on you, its all that matters. In short, bagay na bagay po sa inyo. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. mahal ang Mac nakakabili lang si hubby pag sale sa Dubai, I don't like their mascara but I love their lippies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG they go on sale sa Dubai?! Akala ko they never go on sale.. Waaahhh! Hindi rin ako fan ng mascaras nila. I like drufstore mascaras. They work just as well (sometimes even better) without the high price.

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  10. love the color!!! will buy this!... you look good on it too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder what they ingredients are. I think lipstick manufacturers use fish scale for making these things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. Fish scales?! :O

      MAC specifies their ingredients naman. Wala naman akong alam na harmful or kakaibang ingedients dun.. Hahaha.

      Delete