Saturday, February 11, 2012

L.A. Girl Lipstick in Last Night - Review, Photos, Swatches

They say, when you're a shopaholic (and/or an impulsive buyer), looking around, browsing aisles of products in the store won't lead you to anything good. Those people do not know what they're talking about.

I was just killing time at the mall, so I decided to go to one my favorite places: Watson's.
I love this place because you never know what you'll discover. They carry interesting and never-heard-of products (mostly from Asia and North America) that will definitely tickle your fancy.

I was browsing the makeup aisle not knowing I would find a lipstick in this shade, in a drugstore :)


L.A. Girl Lipstick in Last Night

L.A. Girl in Last Night

L.A. Girl Lipstick
A bright pink lipstick

LC540 Last Night


The lady behind the L.A. Girl counter told me that this has a matte finish. I do not completely agree, 'cause I find it a little creamy. Maybe semi-matte? It's opaque, highly pigmented, and it lasts a decent 2-4 hours of wear. For a drugstore lipstick, that's pretty long (at least for me). It has distinct taste and smell, that could bother some. The smell and taste is not that strong though. They have other shades as well. I think they have an orange and a red.


Swatch with flash
Swatch without flash
PROS: formula is semi-matte (matte but still a little creamy), opaque, highly pigmented, affordable, and locally available :)
CONS: People might have issues with the smell and/or taste. Personally, I don't mind it. The packaging (the clear cap) could get a little messy, too.


VERDICT: 4 OUT OF 5 CHILIS! I really don't mind the taste/smell. The packaging can use a little improvement. But really, for a drugstore lipstick? You really can't complain much.






L.A. Girl Lipstick in Last Night
299.75php, Watson's



FTC: I paid for these products with my own money. I am not getting paid to make this review. I am not affiliated with the said brands. Photos above are taken/owned by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment