Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TRAIDCRAFT - UK’s Leading Fair Trade Organization


Have you ever asked yourself who made those shoes you love? And I don't mean the brand, but the actual person who created them. How about that favorite top, jewelry, or bag?
Ever considered buying a bottle of wine directly from the vineyard?
These are just some of the questions I asked myself when I learned about fair trade.

What is fair trade?


Fair trade seeks to transform the lives of poor producers in the developing world by enabling them to use their skills and resources to trade their way out of poverty.
It seeks to challenge injustices in trading structures and practices that so often lead to the exploitation and marginalization of poor people. (source)



In UK, Traidcraft is the leading fair trade organisation.
They choose work with poor and small-scale producer groups; those who need the extra push the most.
They carry well-made and fabulous products that everyone will appreciate.
They have wines, clothing, jewelry and accessories and more.

Here are just some of the items that Traidcraft offers :)


CLOTHING








WINE







GIFTS and ACCESSORIES








I personally love their accessories. I love the hand-made bag and its intricate hand-stitched details.
I also love the green accessories! But my most favorite? The mouse cheese knife! Definitely a keeper!

I guess the bottom line here is, patronizing products with fair trade marks is our own way of helping those who truly deserve the credit on the items we enjoy and love.

Learn more about fair trade and Traidcraft here. :)






photos taken from http://www.traidcraftshop.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment