Monday, September 17, 2012

Sophie's Mom - Now Open in SM North EDSA The Block

"Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first."  - Ernestine Ulmer

I love desserts! Ice creams, yogurt, pastries, shakes, chocolates, candies and all things sweet :)

I have been reading lots of raves about red velvet cupcakes. I'm quite curious about this sensational cupcake because people claim its sweet, but without the "suya" factor. When I searched more about the best red velvet cupcakes in the metro, I always came across Sophie's Mom
I never got to try their treats it until they opened a branch on the 3rd Level of SM North EDSA The Block, in front of Tom's World.




All their sweet treats are P50 each, except their mochis (P35). I got to try one of their best selling cupcakes, the Red Velvet Cupcake and their best selling cookie, Oreo Cheesecake

Their Red Velvet Cupcake is so delicious! It's also quite filling, which you can initially tell because the cupcake is siksik and little heavy. You can tell they don't scrimp with their ingredients.


Red Velvet Cupcake

Creme Brulee


Oreo Cheesecake Cookie is probably one of the best cookies I've had, really! It's quite big! 
I bought one, took a bite off it and kept the rest for my sister to taste at home. 
She loved it so much she finished the whole thing! Which is really good 'cause she rarely eat sweets for the past months. She agrees that it's sweetness level is just right. Hindi nakakasawa. :)

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies

Oreo "Stookie" or Stuffed Cookie


Here are their boxes :)



I went there on their second day of operation. Unfortunately, lost of their cupcakes are gone because people ordered so much. But I'm quite happy with their treats that I got to taste. I will try their other cookies and bring a box of Red Velvet Cupcakes home next time. :)


PROS: Generous serving at reasonable prices, really delicious, not overtly sweet, really cute boxes
CONS: They're just a kiosk so no seating, no beverage as well


VERDICT:

 I will definitely buy again! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Made me crave for one! I love sweets too! I will definitely try their Red Velvet cupcake and Oreo Cheesecake! Looks so yummy!

    I'm a new follower. Hope you could follow back :))
    -Iya
    http://iyaboto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried their sweets but the cookies are tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! I'm super craving over the Oreo Cheesecake Cookies. It's sweet and I love it! haha! I haven't tried the red velvet cupcake and I'm always intrigued. Next time di ko na talaga papalampasin ang chance. hehe!! =)

    Makeup and My World

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute place. but it is better for ordering takeout, especially if you are having a party and looking for some snacks and pastries for guests, along with hors d'oeuvres.

    ReplyDelete