Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MAC Ruby Woo - Review, Photos, Swatches

MAC Ruby Woo is a red retro matte lipstick. By retro, I mean it's a pin-up girl red. It's a bright, true red color that can intimidate some. I really love this shade, but I have a problem with its finish. Its the kind of matte that somehow feels like its sucking out all the moisture you have in your lips. Also, its not as opaque as I'd want it to be unless I swipe it 3 or more times. Its a;so advisable to use a lip primer or balm so that it'll glide on better.


MAC Ruby Woo





swatch without flash

swatch with flash



PROS: It's a really fun red to wear. Its reminiscent of the red lipstick the pin up girls wore back in the old days. Its long wearing and is part of the permanent line.
CONS: Super drying on your lips, not as opaque as other MAC red lipsticks


VERDICT:

 I will repurchase when I don't find something better.






Where To Buy:
MAC Counters
MAC Ruby Woo, P1000

1 comment:

  1. Maaaannn.. I love that Ruby Woo looks a bit brighter and warmer than Russian Red. But the drying thing is a bit scary. AAAAAAAAA HIRAP. :))

    ReplyDelete