Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wet n Wild Megalast Sugar Plum Fairy Lipstick - Review, Photos, Swatches

Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy is a deep burgundy color in semi-matte finish. This is a pretty dupe, specifically for MAC Rebel. I really REALLY love Rebel, so I just had to get this one. Is it really the dupe? :)


Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy









Compared to MAC Rebel





Shade: Sugar Plum Fairy is a spot-on dupe for Rebel. It doesn't just look similar on the tube, even on the swatches and when worn. They even have the same gorgeous fuchsia tint when they fade.

Opacity: The difference is very slim. Sugar Plum Fairy is creamier, making it slightly more opaque.

Formula: Sugar Plum Fairy has a semi-matte finish, so it has a creamy with a slight sheen finish. Rebel has a satin finish; has a thinner formula and a little more sheen to it.

Longevity: You would think Sugar Plum Fairy would bag this one because of it's finish, but nope. They're equal. Both of them are very long wearing, and leaves a pretty fuchsia stain on my lips.

Taste / scent: Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks has a slight waxy scent/taste that's very unnoticeable, while MAC has a subtle vanilla scent/taste.

Packaging: Obviously, Rebel has a sleeker and more sophisticated packaging. Also, Sugar Plum Fairy's rounded tip makes it hard for me to reach in the corner of my mouth without going beyond my lip line.

Price: Sugar Plum Fairy wins this one of course! It's very affordable compared to Rebel.


Left swatch: Sugar Plum Fairy
Right swatch: Rebel
Upper lip: Sugar Plum Fairy
Lower lip: Rebel
To sum it all up: I have loved Rebel ever since I got to try one. It can be really fierce when applied heavily, or just wear it lightly for a softer feminine look. Sugar Plum Fairy is a perfect MAC Rebel dupe. Their main difference is the finish. For a really edgy shade, I'd prefer sticking with a satin finish because I can easily use it lightly or heavily; whatever fits my mood. But if you're on the practical side, Sugar Plum Fairy is a great option for you.


VERDICT:
I will definitely repurchase!




Where To Buy:
Wet n Wild Megalast Sugar Plum Fairy Lipstick
3 for PHP500, Lipstick All U Can / @LipstickAllUCan (Instagram)

12 comments:

  1. Great review :) do you think they also have a dupe of MAC Candy yum yum?

    P.S Following you on networked blogs..

    http://beautychaseandrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check :) In my opinion, Barry M has the best dupe for Candy Yum Yum <3

      Check out my review on CYY. I included dupes there. It's on my popular posts on the sidebar. Sorry I'm on mobile, having problems pasting the link. >.<

      Thanks, LJ!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely grab one in the store later. I hope you will do more comparing cheap lipsticks with expensive ones to have more alternatives to people who are in a budget.

    Much love,
    Rochelle Rivera
    www.rochellerivera.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thaks for sharing.
    thats a perfect dupe ! now I wondering, am I brave enough to pull of the color, that was a pretty shade! <3

    follow you through gfc and bloglovin
    mind to follow me back? :D

    xo,
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely rock this, G! :) Will follow back. Thann you! <3

      Delete
  4. Wowww!!! At firt, i thought that it is super dark but it lightens when u put it on.... Very nice shade of pink... Thanks for sharing!!

    Http://www.plumpysindulgences.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It fades into a fuchsia/magenta tint. It's a pretty flexible lipstick, in my opinion. :) You're welcome, Kristine! <3

      Delete
  5. I think mas lighter ng konti yung rebel sa sugar plum fairy based on your picture... pero it could be the lighting.. hehe I love your dupe posts... ;)

    nicole
    nicolepaler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the lighting and the difference in finish :) Satin kasi has a sheen to it so when the light hits it, the color somehow difuses. And Sugar Plum Fairy has a semi-matte finish so it's more opaque, making it look slightly darker. :)

      Thank you, Nicole! <3

      Delete
  6. Lovely color!! I actually am in a WEt n Wild lippie mood right now. =)

    PS I'm following you on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the name of this lippie! I would have probably bought this one for the name of the lippie! LOL Thanks for sharing ♥

    HUGS!
    The Makeup Maven

    ReplyDelete