Monday, December 10, 2012

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in MPK376 - Review, Photos, Swatches

It's that time of the year again and I just love wearing bright lipsticks! Well, actually, I always love wearing traffic-stopping lipsticks. I love the drama and the pop of color it brings to my usually pale face.

Anyway, you ladies know I love matte lipsticks, right? But even I hate how some formulas dry out my lips.
I'm also not a fan of the "heavy feeling" of matte lipsticks when worn. I'm just so glad I found a matte lipstick in a bright fuchsia pink shade that doesn't wry out my lips at all. :)

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in MPK376 is a bright fuchsia pink in matte finish. I would say it's a blue-based shade. It's not as opaque at first, but it is buildable. This formula reminds me of MAC's mattene lipsticks: creamy yet matte. This is my first Shu Uemura lipstick, and I must say I'm quite impressed. It's an exact dupe of the famous MAC Quick Sizzle, though Quick Sizzle is more opaque. But I find this formula just a little more long wearing and doesn't feel as heavy on the lips. I'm not exactly a fan of the packaging: clear caps and a bright shade usually means smears everywhere.


Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in MPK376




Top Row: (L) MPK376 without flash, (R) MPK376 with flash
Bottom Row:  (L) MPK376 and Quick Sizzle without flash, (R) MPK376 and Quick Sizzle with flash

when worn

PROS: matte, creamy yet it won't dry out your lips, long wearing, a permanent shade, locally available, dupe for the limited edition MAC Quick Sizzle
CONS: had to swipe 2-3X to achieve my preferred opacity, not a fan of the packaging, pricey


VERDICT:

 I will definitely repurchase!



Where To Buy:
Shu Uemura Counters
Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in MPK376,  P1195

4 comments:

  1. super pretty shade and it look gorgeous on it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a nice shade. Never really ran to Shu for lipsticks but now after your review, ill be looking around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their Supreme Matte lipsticks are awesome! They recently added 2 more colors. Thinking about getting the orange color, too. <3

      Delete