Saturday, February 16, 2013

OCC Lip Tar in Nylon - Review, Photos, Swatches


OCC Lip Tar in Nylon is a really bright pink shade with subtle touches of purple undertones. It's very much similar to MAC Candy Yum Yum in color, but the consistency in formula and finish is quite different. Nylon feels a lot lighter when worn and didn't dry out my lips; I would categorize this as a semi-matte finish. It's pretty long wearing

OCC Lip Tar's formula is the perfect balance of liquid and cream lipstick. Not runny, but not too creamy. It actually reminds me of MAC Select Concealer's formula and packaging. Also, application of this product may need a little practice and patience. Mine came with an OCC mini lip brush, which is quite convenient.


OCC Lip Tar in Nylon






NO FLASH
Nylon, MAC Candy Yum Yum, Maybelline Fuchsia Fever
WITH FLASH
Nylon, MAC Candy Yum Yum, Maybelline Fuchsia Fever





Tips on how to apply this product:

Moisturize / prime your lips
This is a no-brainer. This is my the first step in my makeup routine. This makes your lips a perfect canvas for any kind of lip color.

A little goes a long way
Squeeze a pea-sized amount. Believe me, this will go a long way. I find building it up a lot easier than having to remove excess product which is a heartbreaking waste.

Patience and practice
Applying this product can get a little time consuming since you have to be a little more precise with the application, but really, you can;t hurry perfection up. All you need to do is practice, and soon you'll definitely get the hang of it.


PROS: the shade is a screaming bright hot pink (which I LOVE!), long wearing, it doesn't dry out my lips, a little product goes a long way, comes with a brush
CONS: there's a learning curve in application, pricey, not locally available



VERDICT:

 I will definitely repurchase! 


Where To Buy:
Online, P1100 (price may vary)

5 comments:

  1. super super nice color! loved it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just found your blog, it's so great!
    Check out mine sometime if you'd like xx

    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the lip tar going a long way. I use literally just a drop or two. That's plenty. :) You chose a lovely color.

    Do follow me on bloglovin' too. :)
    http://www.maitaatienza.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the color :""> great post pretty! :)
    anyway, i have an on-going giveaway on my blog dear! i hope you can check it out and join if you haven't yet :)
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/2013/02/raellarinas-valentines-day-giveaway.html

    xoxo,
    Rae :">

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,, one of my forever wishlists.. would love to try OCC. no budget yet. :( but your post made me want to try it so bad. :) so pretty. love the detailed tips.

    ReplyDelete